Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 4th



Ben was able to be home on the 4th of July so we decided to go out to the golf course and watch the fireworks as a family. We had such a good time. They had a concert going, bounce houses, food everywhere, sky divers, parades and more. We didn't participate in any of the activities since it was Sunday but next year we will be sure to jump on that. They said they had over 3,00 people there that night. The best part of it all was it only took us 10 minutes to get there and there wasn't any traffic coming home. And, Oliver did great! The fireworks didn't start until 10:15 and he was able to sleep right through it.



The only problem we had was it was colder than we had planned so Ben and I were cold but I bundled Olli up real good and he cuddled in between the both of us under the blanket so he was nice and toasty. Next year we'll be sure to bring more blankets.



As for everything else, Ben's back on the road and I've been called to be primary secretary in our ward so that's keeping me really busy. Oliver is learning to sit on his own already.





He must've learned it from his bff Logan.



These kiddos were cracking us up. (Mom stop laughing, please help) :)

2 comments:

Mari said...

Hee hee hee! Those pictures crack me up every time I look at them. Love it!

Kimbo said...

I love that pic at the top with Ben and Oli! So adorable. I'm surprised it was so cold. Weird for July, but I guess that's a nice change from OK. Congrats on your calling and good luck while Ben is away. They're working him like crazy!