Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wise Words



For my trip to California I decided to bring this book by with me because I was going to be traveling for about 6 hours each way and needed something to keep me busy. 5 people gave me this book for our wedding and I thought it was about time to pick it up. Now I'm really into it. Everything she says just makes sense and the best part is it teaches you how to have an even better marriage then you already do. Last night I was telling Ben a lot of the stuff I had read and he was just laughing and said, "why have we waited so long to let you read this?" It was cute. Anyway for anyone who hasn't read this book yet I suggest you pick it up. Ben and I both agree she gives a perfect picture on the differences between men and women. My favorite example so far (hopefully this doesn't offend anybody) was her explaining the differences how men and women feel loved. She described it as men need to make love and women need to talk. She said just imagine coming home and trying to talk to your husband and him saying I'm too tired to listen, not right now I'm busy, or you just talked to me last night. Lol. We were cracking up. But it totally makes sense. If any husband said that to his wife our feelings would be hurt so why is it okay for people to say that to their husbands? Anyway, that's just one of the samples.

1 comment:

Mari said...

Ha ha, that DOES makes sense. I've been looking for a new book to read, I should go get that one. Tyson would enjoy it I'm sure!!