Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Eventful Weekend




So I don't know who has heard about this past weekend in Oklahoma on the news but this is what my weekend consisted of. Ben was out of town for a few cross country flights so I had the pleasure of sitting in the house waiting for these TEN tornadoes to come my way. Here is a couple videos of a few of them. These videos were taken about 10 miles away from my house. All of these tornadoes hit garfield county (which is where I live). Starting at about 2:30 the sirens started going off on base, so I turn on the news and needless to say it did not make me feel better. So I call all the members I know in the ward that live on base to see if maybe I could hang out with them until the storms are over and not one person was home!! Also did not make me feel better. So then I call Ben and tell him what is happening and he looked up on this special website for pilots that gives an accurate weather update and all he could say was, "honey, you need to stay in the house and when the sirens go off just go sit in the bathtub. Don't look outside just go." Lovely. So about 5 hours of the sirens going on and off Vance Air Force Base had dodged all of them. Thank goodness!


7 comments:

Ashley K. said...

OMgosh!!! You are a trooper!

Ams said...

I am pretty sure it's about time for you guys to move back to Utah!!!

Unknown said...

WoW! What a woman! You are awesome!

Unknown said...

WoW! What a woman! You are awesome!

Ashley K said...

Thanks Ladies, that's why I posted this because I knew I would get your support :) Best sister in laws ever!

Mari said...

Ahh scary! You need to just move back here and live with me next time that happens. Tyson is gonna be gone for three weeks and I don't think I can handle the alone time as well as you can!

That tornado in the second video was HUGE!

Joneel said...

I feel for you Ashley. I would NOT
like having to live with that kind of fear. Earthquakes are scary too